D12405: [WIP] Per-screen scale factors on X11 using QT_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTORS

Fabian Vogt noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Apr 21 14:33:56 UTC 2018

fvogt added a comment.

  > Docs say QT_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTORS doesn't affect the logical DPI. which means you have a 1x scale on one screen 2x on another..they both have the same font size which will just be really wrong.

  Exactly that is not the case.

  Let me give you an example for broken font size: Screen "DP-0" has Scale 1 and "DP-1" has scale 1. You set "Xft.dpi: 96". The result is 96 dpi font on DP-0 and 48 dpi font on DP-1.
  This can only happen if Qt scales the font DPI depending on the QT_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTORS values.

  Screenshot of a working setup: F5816419: image.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F5816419>

REPOSITORY
  R104 KScreen