D3484: Center systemmonitor window properly on multi-screen setup

Valeriy Malov noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Apr 6 19:13:25 UTC 2018

valeriymalov added a comment.

  In D3484#239893 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D3484#239893>, @cfeck wrote:

  > It is the application that sets the window size. Since the initial size is likely wrong, applications usually remember sizes of windows and important dialogs.

  If the application will set it's own geometry, then it'll still cause conflicts with (potential) KWin rules, e.g. Kwin applied it's size rule → systemmonitor resized itself → it looks like kwin failed to apply the rule. That's how I understood very first comments to the diff.
  I can try & restore previous behavior just by saving window size as a size hint instead of letting the application resize itself, if that works then it should make both parties happy.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace