D3484: Center systemmonitor window properly on multi-screen setup

Christoph Feck noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Apr 4 15:37:17 UTC 2018

cfeck added a comment.

  > I thought the consensus was that the window shouldn't set it's properties (size and keepabove) and it's up to Kwin to set them

  It is the application that sets the window size. Since the initial size is likely wrong, applications usually remember sizes of windows and important dialogs. You removed that code that remembers the window size.

  > does Kwin apply rules to other windows fine for you?

  For whatever reason, kwin refuses to save changes to the rules file. I had to kill kwin, edit .config/kwinrulesrc manually, and restart kwin to add a size rule for the systemmonitor. The rule now works.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace