D6313: Support Icon Scale from Icon naming specification 0.13

Henrik Fehlauer noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Apr 2 19:18:35 UTC 2018

rkflx added a comment.

  In D6313#238599 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D6313#238599>, @ngraham wrote:

  > ...Unless I'm misunderstanding something obvious, in which case, feel free to ignore my deluded ramblings!

  You might be mixing up two separate topics:

  - Optimizing rendering of SVGs by snapping to the pixel grid and changing line widths ("sharpness").
  - Adapting the level of detail of the icon to the apparent size <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angular_diameter> for the user, e.g. even with a HiDPI monitor there is a lower limit as to what details a user can still tell apart ("squinting").

  In D6313#238605 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D6313#238605>, @acrouthamel wrote:

  > @2x-compatible

  How will this work for 4x / 2.7x / 1.4x / etc. scaling? Of course we could define a point where it snaps from 1x to 2x icons, but eventually this approach would also need 4x + larger versions…

REPOSITORY
  R302 KIconThemes