D8039: Support software QtQuickRendering in Aurorae

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Sep 29 16:02:50 UTC 2017

davidedmundson added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> apol wrote in aurorae.cpp:344
> `#if QT_VERSION < QT_VERSION_CHECK(5,10,0)`?

Yeah, makes sense, it got +2'd quicker than I expected.

> graesslin wrote in aurorae.cpp:354
> stupid question: but why is this code working? I would assume that making the context current will fail here and then we return? And even if the creation of the FBO should fail and then also return?

Changing the rendering doesn't block making calls to any of the openGL calls in QtBase.
The only changes are purely inside QtQuick

So:
creating a context still works fine
creating an FBO still works fine

why m_view->setRenderTarget and m_view->resetOpenGLState still work are the more interesting questions
but that's because they're virtual methods that no-op.

With this code:
we create an OpenGL context
set it to be active
then ignore it and do something completely different with QPainter instead

REPOSITORY
  R108 KWin