D7957: Turn on frames around dock widgets by default

Mark Gaiser noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Sep 23 23:31:32 UTC 2017

markg added a comment.

  Watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0Jj4lUm_p8
  Apple really has done a marvelous job in making tags useful!

  Anyhow, we can learn a couple things from there implementation of the sidebar.

  1. It doesn't scroll "per panel", it scrolls for the whole sidebar! I'd suggest implementing that for Dolphin as well.
  2. Because of point 1, there is no need to display a separator because, well, everything is visible.
  3. Every "panel" has a visible title (like places has now).

  To elaborate some more on point 1. Yes, that will pose an issue with people adding in a folder tree and opening a folder with a _lot_ of sub folders. That means a lot of scrolling in the panel.
  I don't think that is really much of an issue.. But even if it is, a panel can still choose to have a max height and show a scrollbar if it exceeds it's limits.

REPOSITORY
  R31 Breeze