D7905: Remove launch feature from hamburger button and restore to the toolbar

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Sep 21 14:56:46 UTC 2017

ngraham added a comment.

  I strongly believe that having a visible launch button is critical. The launch button may be meaningless fluff for me, and you, and other developers, but developers don't need to use GUI software center apps. We're not the intended audience.

  Discover targets non-technical users, and believe it or not, non-technical users often have difficulty launching programs. Once you've installed a new program, the most natural next step is to want to launch it. If the Launch button is hidden, then there isn't an obvious method to do this if you aren't very familiar with other methods of launching programs. And even if you do know, it's nice to have the button right there so you can launch it with only one click.

  The toolbar isn't crowded at the moment so there's really no reason to hide this in a space-saving hamburger menu. If it ever gets super crowded, then yeah, we could revisit item placement then.

REPOSITORY
  R134 Discover Software Store