D7905: Remove launch feature from hamburger button and restore to the toolbar

Thomas Pfeiffer noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Sep 21 14:28:50 UTC 2017

colomar added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D7905#147514, @jensreuterberg wrote:

  > The hamburger menu was my suggestion so I should probably say something about it - for me the "launch" option is completely meaningless fluff. Another button to nothing. That being said, if this is something critical in normal usage then it should be in there - and as we have no chance to do a proper test of it doing what everyone else is doing might be preferred.

  All the launch button is is a shortcut. If we hide a shortcut in a menu, it loses any value it might have had and thus the assumption that it's useless becomes self-fulfilling.
  So it should be either accessible directly, or be completely removed. I'm okay with either. It's not a critical function, it's more of a "Everyone else does it, so we might as well do it too" kind of feature.

REPOSITORY
  R134 Discover Software Store