D7842: Split out the X11 mouse event filtering for EffectsHandlerImpl

Martin Flöser noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Sep 15 17:31:46 UTC 2017

graesslin added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D7842#146171, @davidedmundson wrote:

  > Code does what it says but one comment
  >
  > 1. I would move the m_mouseInterceptionWindow  code with it, that way we have RAII on that window, and less X specific things in the EffectsHandler. Logically it's grouped

  I looked into it as I also thought it's a good idea. But it's not that easy, it is used in more areas than just for the mouse motion. It's used in e.g. EffectsHandler::defineCursor, EffectsHandler::desktopResized and a few more.

  I agree this should be moved out, but I think this needs more work and probably a class X11EffectsHandler : public EffectsHandlerImpl together with an API hook in the Platform API

  > 2. do we even need that fake window given we now have the XI filter?

  Yes, otherwise the mouse events would go to the windows below which would be urgh ;-) and also needed for setting the cursor shape.

REPOSITORY
  R108 KWin