kwin_wayland and setWindowIcon()

Martin Flöser mgraesslin at kde.org
Tue Sep 12 15:09:34 UTC 2017

Am 2017-09-11 21:46, schrieb Elvis Angelaccio:
> Hi,
> kwin_wayland currently sets the application icon only if it can
> retrieve the .desktop filename of the application.
>
> Is there a reason why it doesn't use the icon passed to
> setWindowIcon() as fallback? This seems to work with weston, so I
> guess it should be possible with kwin as well?
>
> I'm asking this because we can't fix all third-party applications.
> Even when we can, sometimes it's just hard to figure out the name of
> the .desktop file. For example, see
> https://codereview.qt-project.org/#/c/205003/1//ALL

Just as an FYI: the number 1 item for the next release cycle for me to
work on [1] is window rule support for Wayland windows. The main reason
I prioritize it is that I want to be able to set the window icon through
window rules and I would not mind to ship default rules to "fix"
applications.

Cheers
Martin

[1] After XFree KWin project is finished