Videoconference between KDE community and Purism regarding Librem5

Thomas Pfeiffer thomas.pfeiffer at kde.org
Tue Sep 5 11:32:09 UTC 2017

> On 5. Sep 2017, at 12:52, Sebastian Kügler <sebas at kde.org> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> On maandag 4 september 2017 20:29:26 CEST Zlatan Todoric wrote:
>> as Mak and me approached KDE community to discuss about potential
>> collaboration between two sides we found very welcoming community that
>> is not only eager about potential work on such device but also wants
>> to create a joint promotion (quotes, video, campaign page update etc).
>>
>> So this is proposal for a Jitsi Meet videoconference on Wednesday (Sep
>> 6) 18.00 CET (9.00am PDT and noon for EST folks).
>>
>> On our side we have: Todd (CEO), Mak (Lead PureOS/Debian Developer),
>> Nicole (our lead for phone), Francois (Creative), Jeff (Marketing
>> guru) and me (CTO/Debian Developer). We could add two more PureOS
>> developers which both are Debian Developers and one is currently DPL
>> (Chris and Jonas) but I don't want meeting to be to heavy on
>> resources as Jitsi sometimes just bugs on us.
>>
>> Anyone from KDE is welcome, I just CC'ed those who sent (most) replies
>> on our discussion.
>>
>> Let us know (all, even the Purism members) if date/time format is
>> working for you so we can have this (maybe historical?  meeting about
>> collaboration and promotion of both projects. If you will not be able
>> to participate, please add what date/time does work for you so we can
>> figure out better option (or maybe we can create doodle if there is
>> too many people not being able to participate at this time).
>
> I just checked with Marco (responsible for the Plasma UI side) and
> Bhushan (our guy working on the stack and lower levels) (the people
> we'd absolutely want in this meeting from the Plasma side, I'm
> coordinating PR and communication for Plasma Mobile) and for us,
> Thursday would work much better, same time though.
>
> So that's Thursday, 7th Sept, 18:00 CET (19:00 CEST and presumably
> 9.00am PDT, 12.00 EST)?
>
> Is this something you could accommodate?

For me, Thursday evening unfortunately wouldn’t work, but Aleix, vice president of KDE e.V., could be there on Thursday.
If it’s non Wednesday, I could be there.

It would also be good if Paul from the central KDE marketing / promo group could be in the meeting, to coordinate the promo campaigns directly.