Videoconference between KDE community and Purism regarding Librem5

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Tue Sep 5 12:00:57 UTC 2017

Hi,

On dinsdag 5 september 2017 13:32:09 CEST Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:
> > On 5. Sep 2017, at 12:52, Sebastian Kügler <sebas at kde.org> wrote:
> > On maandag 4 september 2017 20:29:26 CEST Zlatan Todoric wrote:
> >> as Mak and me approached KDE community to discuss about potential
> >> collaboration between two sides we found very welcoming community
> >> that is not only eager about potential work on such device but
> >> also wants to create a joint promotion (quotes, video, campaign
> >> page update etc).
> >>
> >> So this is proposal for a Jitsi Meet videoconference on Wednesday
> >> (Sep 6) 18.00 CET (9.00am PDT and noon for EST folks).
> >>
> >> On our side we have: Todd (CEO), Mak (Lead PureOS/Debian
> >> Developer), Nicole (our lead for phone), Francois (Creative), Jeff
> >> (Marketing guru) and me (CTO/Debian Developer). We could add two
> >> more PureOS developers which both are Debian Developers and one is
> >> currently DPL (Chris and Jonas) but I don't want meeting to be to
> >> heavy on resources as Jitsi sometimes just bugs on us.
> >>
> >> Anyone from KDE is welcome, I just CC'ed those who sent (most)
> >> replies on our discussion.
> >>
> >> Let us know (all, even the Purism members) if date/time format is
> >> working for you so we can have this (maybe historical?  meeting
> >> about collaboration and promotion of both projects. If you will
> >> not be able to participate, please add what date/time does work
> >> for you so we can figure out better option (or maybe we can create
> >> doodle if there is too many people not being able to participate
> >> at this time).
> >
> > I just checked with Marco (responsible for the Plasma UI side) and
> > Bhushan (our guy working on the stack and lower levels) (the people
> > we'd absolutely want in this meeting from the Plasma side, I'm
> > coordinating PR and communication for Plasma Mobile) and for us,
> > Thursday would work much better, same time though.
> >
> > So that's Thursday, 7th Sept, 18:00 CET (19:00 CEST and presumably
> > 9.00am PDT, 12.00 EST)?
> >
> > Is this something you could accommodate?
>
> For me, Thursday evening unfortunately wouldn’t work, but Aleix, vice
> president of KDE e.V., could be there on Thursday. If it’s non
> Wednesday, I could be there.
>
> It would also be good if Paul from the central KDE marketing / promo
> group could be in the meeting, to coordinate the promo campaigns
> directly.

I just talked with Paul, he'll be able to make it as well, so from the
KDE side, we get a rather complete set of people together to be useful,
technical, UI, and promo people involved. I'll ask Jens, our design
lead to join in as well, but let's pin down Thursday, 19:00 CEST
(9.00am PDT), in any case.

We can and probably will take details from the meeting and work on them
separately.

Zlatan, if meeting time suits everyone at Purism, can you send around a
link to a specific jitsii room beforehand?

Thanks,
--
sebas

http://www.kde.org | http://vizZzion.org