D8493: Make Folder View screen aware

Andras Mantia noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Oct 26 14:37:18 UTC 2017

amantia added a comment.

  I've added some comments, I will address the ones I did not comment in a follow-up patch.

INLINE COMMENTS

> broulik wrote in main.xml:40
> What's the purpose of `hidden=true`?

AFAIK it is not used in the GUI config. See also the others in the same file.

> broulik wrote in foldermodel.cpp:1310
> Why not store a `QUrl`?

Mostly due to the hash and also because for the configuration it anyway needs to be turned into a string (and it is the same as the Positioner does).

> broulik wrote in foldermodel.cpp:1314
> This can never be reached

It can be and it is reached. m_screen != -1 means it is a containment, screen == -1 means there is no screen information stored yet. This happens e.g when using the updated code with an existing plasma-*appletsrc file.

> broulik wrote in foldermodel.cpp:1659
> Use `qobject_cast` (but this would not be neccessary, see my comment on the `Q_PROPERTY` above)

This is not a cast between library boundaries, but I don't mind to use qobject_cast either.

> broulik wrote in folderplugin.cpp:66
> Using this is asking for trouble. Plasma uses shared engines for all applets, so this context property would be accessible to anyone. I would prefer that you used a singleton type.

I was thinking about using a singleton, this pushed me towards it. :)

> broulik wrote in screenmapper.cpp:51
> Range-for?

I need both the key and the value and AFAIK it is not supported in current Qt version.

> broulik wrote in screenmapper.h:21
> You can use `#pragma once`

Not common in KDE code though (at least wasn't earlier when I was more involved and can't find anything like that in plasma-desktop)

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop