D8469: Use XDG_DATA_DIR and security fix

Ivan Čukić noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Oct 25 20:49:52 UTC 2017

ivan added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> cryptodude wrote in directorypairchooserwidget.cpp:90
> I didn't consider it an issue as its just data that they would never ever interact with. People never cared where their post-it notes etc are stored.
>
> Making it disabled will more likely be the cause of people not being able to figure out why its disabled. And they start to look for a way to enable it. Causing more confusion.
>
> How does replacing it with a text label sound?

Fair enough. Leave it hidden, and if we get complaints, we can change it later.

> cryptodude wrote in directorypairchooserwidget.cpp:123
> No, the Qt one includes the appname. So I'd get;
>
> > ~/.local/share/kded5/
>
> Are the Windows/Mac platforms relevant at all? If not, I'd just like to keep it the way it is.

Can you try `QStandardPaths::GenericDataLocation` and append "/plasma-vault"? (if we are changing the path, let's use the full name of product just in case other DE people decide to call something of theirs 'vault')

> QStandardPaths::GenericDataLocation
>  Returns a directory location where persistent data shared across applications can be
>  stored. This is a generic value. The returned path is never empty.

Windows and Mac are not relevant at the moment, but I'd still like it more if we relied on Qt implementation instead of simulating what QSP does.

REPOSITORY
  R845 Plasma Vault