D8168: kcm_input: Refactor the code and add support for libinput under X11

Roman Gilg noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Oct 24 18:02:59 UTC 2017

subdiff added a comment.

  Wow, very nice! I'm still not sure if on Wayland we should combine Touchpad and Mouse KCMs to one "Pointers" KCM how it was proposed years ago, because their properties in libinput are very similar. But since you already did the work for adding multiple backend to the Mouse KCM let's go with two separate ones now!

  Your change is very big though. Could we split it up in a patch series? Basically by your bullets point in the description. Then we would have the following patches in order:

  1. UI in kcmmouse.ui.
  2. Backend refactoring
  3. Libinput mouse acceleration and revert scroll (on X)
  4. Libinput macros
  5. No revert scrolling for touchpads

  Maybe (2) needs to switch position with (3) and/or (4) with (5).

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop