D8441: Wallpaper: hide color or blur filling options for full filling mode

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Oct 24 13:02:18 UTC 2017

ngraham added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> guoyunhe wrote in config.qml:161
> Ah, I have never thought about this. Is this use case common? I have never seen people use transparent image for wallpaper. Usually it is some photos or JPG images downloaded from internet.
>
> This brings another problem. Blur image edge filling doesn't work well with transparent images. For transparent image you always need a background color. I am lost...
>
> If we say, we only support opaque image, the solution is much simpler.

I suppose we could also show the radio buttons if we detect that the image has transparency. But yeah, it would be nice if we can only support opaque images. It also hadn't occurred to me that anyone would use an image with transparency, and I don't know if I've ever seen such a thing in the wild. But of course users can be surprising! :)

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace