Wayland showstoppers wiki page

Martin Flöser mgraesslin at kde.org
Thu Oct 12 15:33:35 UTC 2017

Am 2017-10-12 13:48, schrieb David Edmundson:
> I've added some things, that I think are essential.
>
> I think we should track assignment on the existing phabricator tasks
> list.
> Note there's also the bugzilla keyword "wayland" for searching over
> all our software.
>
> I'm glad you're more on the fence about the EGL stream support. I
> switched one of my machines to nvidia after we had that lock screen
> bug, so I've been reading over the relevant Qt commit. It doesn't look
> particularly intrusive.

It would be invasive to the DRM platform. That's the main issue I see.
Otherwise I notice two things:
  * the weston patches haven't been merged yet
  * the GBM replacement isn't even close to getting finished

I doubt this situation will change any time soon. Given that I'm not
that much against it as I was a year ago.

BUT! I fear that the GBM replacement will never happen if we also add
support for EGLStream.

> As for the remote buffers, I'm really not happy with what happened
> there. It wouldn't take you long to just write a comment...

Er what? I'm not even aware anybody is waiting for my input. If there
was anything on reviewboard during my vacations it probably never
reached me. My frameworks mailing list folder still has 1500 unread
mails :-(

Cheers
Martin