Linux Pro Magazine article about Wayland adoption

Bruce Byfield bbyfield at axion.net
Mon Oct 9 21:43:20 UTC 2017

Hi:

I'm preparing an article on distros' adoption of Wayland. I was hoping
to have answers to a few questions:

- What is the state of Wayland development in Plasma?

- Are there any obstacles in Plasma or perhaps Qt that prevent
  Wayland from being used by average users in KDE?

- How will the user experience of Wayland differ from that of the X
  Window system?

- When Wayland is introduced, will a fallback to X be available?

- Is there a tentative schedule for Wayland's release?

- Is there anything else that you would like to say.

Note that I am not described to the list, so please copy me on any