D9040: Revert "[Lock Screen / Login] Add "reveal password button""

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Nov 29 22:43:49 UTC 2017

davidedmundson added a comment.

  If the icon is not fixed in the login screen, I'm definitely pushing the SDDM side for 5.12.
  An invisible hit area is not usability.

  As for the lock screen:

  - the rationale for introducing was originally consistency, it isn't.
  - The virtual keyboard is a relevant point, which we should do something with.

  A button that a user has to press every single time isn't an ideal solution. If visual feedback is needed, visual feedback is needed.

  Ideally we do want that echo mode that Nate described (PasswordEchoOnEdit unfortuantely isn't it) then switch between them based on whether we're showing the input panel.

  I'll try and look into that.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace

BRANCH