D8731: [x11] Add support for automatic screen rotation through XRandR

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Nov 10 15:59:55 UTC 2017

davidedmundson added a comment.

  > I hope this addresses your concerns and can us allow to unblock this change.

  It could work, so I won't block it.

  But I still don't understand the design rationale.

  We have a component that is in charge of handling all screen management. It has all the backends already, it does the config tracking, it's got the communication all hooked up already with a simple single path in DRM.
  Yet we're putting this sensor stuff in kwin instead, then having to come up with extra interfaces to fix the problems we're creating.

REPOSITORY
  R108 KWin