Next Plasma LTS and openSUSE

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Tue May 30 12:56:30 UTC 2017

On maandag 29 mei 2017 12:56:49 CEST David Edmundson wrote:
> Stealing this LTS thread, there's something from Qt I'd like to copy:
> >Currently, Qt 5.6 LTS is in the ‘strict’ phase where it only receives
> >selected critical fixes and next it is moving into the ‘very strict’
> >phase. During this final phase, Qt 5.6 LTS will receive important security
> >fixes only.
> I think this phasing is something we should take on, we're making more
> mistakes as it gets further away from master, and it makes it then more
> managemeable to have two LTS releases in parallel.

I agree. I also think that we should limit the period in which we have two LTS
releases under maintenance to not more than 6 months. That limits the amount
of releases we have to maintain in parallel, but gives users who want to jump
from LTS to LTS ample time to upgrade.

sebas

http://www.kde.org | http://vizZzion.org