D5381: Add brightness control using ddcutil lib

Dorian Vogel noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu May 25 08:22:24 UTC 2017

dvogel added a comment.

  The final conclusion was that I should figure out some cmake to allow building without ddccontrol. I kind of did it locally (tho it's a bit dirty).
  The second big point is that powerdevil only supports one brightness controller at a time. The solution kbroulik suggested, is that powerdevil should be refactored in some sort of plugin architecture. However I personally do not have any idea at all how that should look, and most probably the time to do it.

  My other idea in the last few days, would be to create a plasmoid, based on the (simple) qml app on my GitHub.

  Cheers

INLINE COMMENTS

> broulik wrote in ddcutilbrightness.cpp:73
> You don't seem to be cleaning up those containers in the destructor (there is none). Also, I don't think you should allocate those on the heap

Oh thanks for that ! I was kind of confused by the difference between stack and heap allocation.
Also I didn't know QVector::at() and QVector::operator[] were different. Unfortunately, the code is more complex using operator[].

REPOSITORY
  R122 Powerdevil