Plasma 5.10 voice over text

Eike Hein hein at kde.org
Thu May 18 08:19:06 UTC 2017

On 05/17/2017 09:03 PM, Ɓukasz Sawicki wrote:
>> This explains what it is, it doesn't explain what's changed since the last
>> release.
>> "Folder View is now the default desktop ..."
>
> Changed to "Due to the popular demand we changed to Folder View as the
> default desktop which allows users to put whatever files or folders
> they want easy access to"

I'd communicate it more like this:

"In Plasma 5.10, we've brought back icons to the desktop by default.
Desktop icons were optional in previous releases of Plasma, but based on
your feedback, we know most of you prefer them. Both new and old users
of desktop icons can look forward to many improvements and new features
to them in this version, including spring-loading and ..."

I don't like the "popular demand" phrasing because it gets close to
implying a conflict (demand conjures images of angry pitchforks), and
I'd prefer the release vids to be positive (and confident, that's why I
have tentpole verbs like "know" in there instead of common weasel
phrasings like "we believe").

Cheers,
Eike