Plasma 5.10 voice over text

Martin Flöser mgraesslin at kde.org
Wed May 17 16:30:26 UTC 2017

Am 2017-05-17 14:03, schrieb Łukasz Sawicki:
>> This explains what it is, it doesn't explain what's changed since the
>> last
>> release.
>> "Folder View is now the default desktop ..."
>
> Changed to "Due to the popular demand we changed to Folder View as the
> default desktop which allows users to put whatever files or folders
> they want easy access to"
>
>> That's confusing. Maybe try
>> The Plasma Search, Krunner, can now list non-installed applications in
>> the
>> software centre.
>
> Fixed
>
>> I'm missing all the touch screen improvements like on screen keyboard
>> in lock screen. Swipe from left edge for alt+tab etc.
>

> Sorry about that, however my general rule for promo videos is to show
> only what I can test/make a screen recording.  Due to the technical
> limitations (I only have a pc and do not own any devices with touch
> screen or even  touchpad) I will not be able to do this.

You could show the virtual keyboard on the lock screen nevertheless. I
understand that the swipe in gesture is not possible to show properly,
but the things which can be shown without need for interaction could be
done.

E.g.:
* lock screen with virtual keyboard shown (does not require a touch
screen)
* new config module for touch screen edges (completely mouse driven)
* show Alt+Tab and mention that it can be triggered by swiping in from
the left screen edge

I would find it sad if it doesn't get mentioned. As we were really
lacking compared to the competition and now we finally have this OOTB.

Cheers
Martin