D5778: [backlighthelper] Remove unreachable code from backlighthelper

Adriaan de Groot noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue May 9 22:34:11 UTC 2017

adridg added a comment.

  It's a little more complicated than this:

  - FreeBSD has a port, libudev-devd, which provides the udev API on FreeBSD
    - I don't know how extensive the API is that that library provides, and whether the entire udev backend would work with it
  - In packaging, we remove the udev dependency as well as the bits that actually *need* on udev (powerdevilupowerbackend, udevqtclient, and udevqtdevice)

  So this code is used, downstream, and I don't think it should be removed like this -- perhaps the udev-is-optional stuff should be merged from downstream instead, and/or the udev support on FreeBSD investigated to find out what it can do.

REPOSITORY
  R122 Powerdevil