D5778: [backlighthelper] Remove unreachable code from backlighthelper

Bhushan Shah noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon May 8 21:07:56 UTC 2017

bshah created this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  - It looks if we are on FreeBSD, then it sets the USE_SYSCTL
  - If USE_SYSCTL is set, it will try to use acpi_video interface to set

  the brightness

  - However, this whole upower backend depends on libudev which is not

  available on FreeBSD and it doesn't compile and link with FreeBSD

  I propose to remove this code from here, and add it back when we split
  out the backlighthelper from the upower backend

TEST PLAN
  builds and works on Linux

REPOSITORY
  R122 Powerdevil

BRANCH
  remove-unreachable-code

AFFECTED FILES
  daemon/backends/upower/backlighthelper.cpp
  daemon/backends/upower/backlighthelper.h