D5769: Use Kirigami.Icon instead of QIconItem

Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon May 8 15:11:28 UTC 2017

leinir added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D5769#108014, @apol wrote:

  > This will add a dependency to Kirigami 2.2, is it something we can have?

  I did consider adding a loader-based fallback system to this, but that would put a loader inside the listviews, and i'm not sure it really gains us a great deal... If we instead accept Kirigami 2.1 for this (or even 2.0), DesktopIcon will happily accept the url, and if it is the pre-2.2 version it will simply show nothing for those entries that request a remote picture (that is, the code will be much more pleasant to maintain when compared to such a fallback system, at the cost that the visual experience will be at worst slightly degraded). I think it is an acceptable cost, if we can trust that Kirigami 2.2 is released sometime in the not too distant future.

REPOSITORY
  R134 Discover Software Store