D3498: Add scaling to DRM backend

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Fri Mar 31 12:36:42 UTC 2017

davidedmundson added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> subdiff wrote in drm_output.cpp:104
> geometry() is called several times per frame. We can optimize here when we don't do the division every time (maybe the compiler already does the saving, I don't know).
>
> Also this way we can make sure, that the subsequent rounding is not fluctuating from one frame to another.

It's good design to not have member variables that can ever be in a corrupt state, it reduces chance for bugs being introduced later, which is why I'm against changing it.

Dividing two integers is not going to make any performance difference whatsoever and an int divided by an int will result in the same every single time.

REPOSITORY
  R108 KWin