D5144: Change the volume icon/mute button into a ToolButton

Chris Holland noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Mar 23 15:40:31 UTC 2017

Zren added a comment.

  Yeah, it's probably dpi scaling.

  And I didn't want to mess with the height of the ListItemBase. On further testing, it seems adding smallSpacing margins isn't as bad as I thought.

  Back and Forth Gif: https://streamable.com/0ld55

  F3154040: 2017-03-23___11-12-55.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F3154040>
  F3154037: 2017-03-23___11-14-42.png <https://phabricator.kde.org/F3154037>

  If the increase in height is acceptable, I'll make a SmallToolButton

    PlasmaComponents.ToolButton {
        id: smallToolButton
        property int iconSize: units.iconSizes.small
        property int padding: units.smallSpacing
        implicitWidth: iconSize + padding * 2
        implicitHeight: iconSize + padding * 2
        Layout.preferredWidth: implicitWidth
        Layout.preferredHeight: implicitHeight
        property alias icon: icon.source

        PlasmaCore.IconItem {
            id: icon
            anchors.fill: parent
            anchors.margins: parent.padding
            visible: false

            // From Plasma's ToolButtonStyle:
            active: parent.hovered
            colorGroup: parent.hovered ? PlasmaCore.Theme.ButtonColorGroup : PlasmaCore.ColorScope.colorGroup
        }
    }

REPOSITORY
  R115 Plasma Audio Volume Applet