Kirigami 1.1 / QML problem (Subsurface-mobile)

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 10:16:40 UTC 2017

On Monday 20 March 2017, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> After taking a pause for a while, I tried to address a couple of the bug
> reports for Subsurface-mobile on Android and iOS.
>
> Right now we are building with Kirigami 1.1 and Qt 5.7.1. If we have to
> upgrade to Kirigami 2.0 and/or Qt 5.8 in order to make it easier for
> people to help us, please let me know... I tried with Qt 5.8.0 on the
> desktop and the two problems are still there. But I haven't tried Kirigami
> 2.0.

as far i understood of the problems, the version of kirigami shouldn't really
matter, as they're related with models and stock qml listviews.

If I'll get around this week i'll try to build subsurface again (do those
problems happen only since recently or always happened as far you know?)
In the meantime, especially since you say some problems happen with the full
app as well, I may suspect some problem to the main model of the application?
(before gets sorted by the qfilterproxymodel)
Have you ever tried ModelTest? https://wiki.qt.io/Model_Test
Not sure how easy to detach that model to make it fully work in a minimal
application, but having that test that is normally built and ran routinely may
save quite some future headaches.

--
Marco Martin