D4893: Layout and animations on the on screen keyboard

Marco Martin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Mar 16 11:50:10 UTC 2017

mart added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> graesslin wrote in LockScreenUi.qml:71
> Why the change to MouseArea?

to dismiss the keyboard by clicking anywhere in an empty area

> graesslin wrote in LockScreenUi.qml:81
> This is not related to the described change. Do we really want to close when clicking outside the keyboard? That could be rather annoying? Anyway I think it should not be bundled with a change saying it's about animations

that's how on screen keyboards usually work on pretty much any device.
removed from this, will do a separate review request about it

> graesslin wrote in LockScreenUi.qml:113
> Could you please rebase this to the changes introduces with https://phabricator.kde.org/R120:097db85e297aba8b4b3f0ddabcddf8a03b5482c0

i see that commit puts the clock in a column layout together with just an empty item.. why? looks like some easy cleanup can be done there

in adapting to that diff, now hiding the user icon when it goes over the clock, but i think the clock sliding away was actually more correct ui-wise

> graesslin wrote in LockScreenUi.qml:221
> I'm especially afraid of reintroducing units here with a fixed multiplier. That was exactly the thing causing problems with scaling and the clock.

this is not really a functional position:
this is when the keyboard is hidden and its opacity is 0.
 it's to not make it slide all the way, to emulate the slidingpopups effect, as it should have a similar behavior.
changed to a relative one, so the kwyboard always slides for a quarter for its length while appearing/disappearing, that's should be more different resolutions-proof

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace