D4718: support for auto-hidden windows to resize

Marco Martin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Mar 16 10:15:33 UTC 2017

mart added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D4718#95190, @graesslin wrote:

  > This broke a unit test: https://build.kde.org/user/graesslin/my-views/view/mgraesslin%20maintained/job/kwin%20master%20kf5-qt5/PLATFORM=Linux,compiler=gcc/554/testReport/junit/(root)/TestSuite/kwin_testScreenEdges/

  this seems because of the patch in line 989 it's now destroying the edge pointer when the edge is reassigned, which i think it's fine, i see some options:

  - remove the test, because the deletion of the edge pointer makes sense
  - reintroduce the check in line 989, but checking also the geometry isn't changed: this would need also tracking the actual client geometry in the edge class to be able to compare it (delete the edge only if the geometry changed)

REPOSITORY
  R108 KWin