D4893: Layout and animations on the on screen keyboard

Martin Gräßlin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Mar 15 18:28:46 UTC 2017

graesslin requested changes to this revision.
graesslin added a comment.

  Honestly I don't think it's a good idea to animate the y position of the main stack. I fear this can result in a completely unusable lock screen as the main elements might get outside the visible area. I had huge problems with the layout of the lockscreen and fiddled quite a bit till I had it working correctly. Compare the problems with the Clock and scaling. I went for overlapping with parts of the UI for a reason as I don't think we have enough screen estate to show both the full UI and the keyboard.

INLINE COMMENTS

> LockScreenUi.qml:71
>
> -    Item {
> +    MouseArea {
>          id: lockScreenRoot

Why the change to MouseArea?

> LockScreenUi.qml:81
>
> +        onClicked: inputPanel.state = "hidden";
> +

This is not related to the described change. Do we really want to close when clicking outside the keyboard? That could be rather annoying? Anyway I think it should not be bundled with a change saying it's about animations

Could you please rebase this to the changes introduces with https://phabricator.kde.org/R120:097db85e297aba8b4b3f0ddabcddf8a03b5482c0

> LockScreenUi.qml:221
> +                        target: inputPanel
> +                        y: lockScreenRoot.height - units.gridUnit * 10
> +                        opacity: 0

I'm especially afraid of reintroducing units here with a fixed multiplier. That was exactly the thing causing problems with scaling and the clock.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace