D5036: UI fixes for logout dialog

Kai Uwe Broulik noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Mar 13 17:29:12 UTC 2017

broulik added a comment.

  Background is quite dark for me now :/

  Also, can we perhaps have pressing the arrow keys cancel the timer? It's quite unintuitive that when I press left the label still says "Logging out in n seconds" although Shutdown is highlighted.

INLINE COMMENTS

> shutdowndlg.cpp:200
> +    const QColor backgroundColor = rootObject() ? rootObject()->property("backgroundColor").value<QColor>() : QColor();
> +    KWindowEffects::enableBackgroundContrast(winId(), true,
> +        0.4,

>From what I can tell KWin doesn't support different background contrasts, ie. once you click Leave you'll change your Panel background contrast.

Bhushan experienced the same when running a plasmoid in plasmoidviewer using a different theme, as soon as a tooltip shows up, it globally changes the contrast.

> shutdowndlg.cpp:229
>              switch (pe->surfaceEventType()) {
> -            case QPlatformSurfaceEvent::SurfaceCreated:
> +            case QPlatformSurfaceEvent::SurfaceCreated: {
>                  setupWaylandIntegration();

Unrelated

> Logout.qml:54
> +        property: "opacity"
> +        target: shutdownDialog
> +        from: 0

Don't let Martin see that you animate a window opacity manually

> Logout.qml:94
>
> +    function rgbToHsv(color) {
> +        var max = Math.max(color.r, color.g, color.b);

Urgh. Can you add a TODO for Qt 5.8 :)

> Logout.qml:217
> +                enabled: root.currentAction != null
> +                text: i18nd("plasma_lookandfeel_org.kde.lookandfeel", "Ok")
> +                onClicked: root.currentAction()

Isn't it "OK"?

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace