D5016: Add UI for hybrid suspend mode

David Strobach noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Mar 11 16:51:09 UTC 2017

strobach added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D5016#94363, @broulik wrote:

  > The question is whether we should treat "hybrid suspend" and "suspend" as separate options or just have a global checkbox "[X] When possible use hybrid suspend".

  I don't think so. I do, for instance, use the hybrid suspend on battery and regular suspend on AC. Besides, the more flexible the configuration is, the better ;-)

  > I haven't really looked into what hybrid suspend really does (ie. whether it's a replacement/supplement for suspend or hibernate or both).

  It prepares the machine for S4 but enters S3 in the end. The advantage of this mechanism is that if you loose the battery power during S3 sleep, the system later normally boots and resumes as if it was woken from S4 sleep. Disadvantage is slightly longer preparation before entering the suspend mode.

REPOSITORY
  R122 Powerdevil

BRANCH
  hybrid_suspend