D6215: Make sure size is final after showEvent

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Jun 21 09:46:19 UTC 2017

davidedmundson added a comment.

  > no, it just means that who calls show() or the wrong setVisible() would just get the previous behavior of mainItem being shown only at showevent,

  Ok, great

  ----

  It's somewhat confusing as you have multiple completely independent attempts to solve the same problem.

  We have a patch now consists of:

  1. an early mainItem->setVisible()
  2. always updating the platform window size regardless of whether it's visible
  3. some other wayland changes (which aren't in your commit message)

  And we have another patch that:

  4. removes use of item::visible in working out window size
  5. inhibits resizing whilst we re-populate actions whilst invisible

  I'm after some explanation of what the problem(s) each one of those is solving.

  If 1 works, I don't see what 2 accomplishes, you're setting the platform window size earlier, but to something that we know is wrong.

  Also if 1 works, we don't need 4 or 5? Unless it's because notification does is doing the positioning before the show event?  At which point we could just fix that more normally.

INLINE COMMENTS

> dialog.cpp:1179
>              d->updateVisibility(true);
> +            d->updateTheme();