D6004: Add method to unlock greeter via consolekit.

Martin Flöser noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Jun 14 20:17:45 UTC 2017

graesslin added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> tcberner wrote in abstractlocker.cpp:62
> I'm not sure, if we can predictably get the name of the correct "broken" session from within the script -- of course, the script could just unlock all the sessions by iterating over them, but that seems rude. Maybe the error message `text` could be modified to contain correct session name:
>
>   "# ck-unlock-session [the current session name]\n\n"

That sounds reasonable and is what has been done for loginctl lately.

> tcberner wrote in abstractlocker.cpp:67-70
> I think seeing this message annoys the users. So pointing them to possible solutions for future failures is a good thing, even when it might be a bit technical.

I doubt that. If the users see this message and don't have either consolekit or loginctl support either their distro messed things up or they compiled themselves and know what they are doing and have seen the cmake warnings. In both cases it doesn't really help to have this information then.

REPOSITORY
  R133 KScreenLocker