D6215: Introduce aboutToShow() signal

Marco Martin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Jun 14 14:28:21 UTC 2017

mart added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> davidedmundson wrote in dialog.cpp:1368-1370
> You can't move the code from updateVisibility as we need it to work with an upcasted QQuickWindow::setVisible .
> That's probably the main reason you ended up having to change the pointer type in the other patch you did.
>
> That doesn't explain this patch:
>
> - if you did shuffle the code to be this way, you don't need a new signal.  QQuickWindow would emit its visibleChanged before we send platform stuff
> - if you didn't shuffle the code, you could have made this whole patch a one liner in updateVisibility
>
> but I still don't see what problem this solves.
>
> QML clients have widthChanged heightChanged emitted so they can bind X/Y in a declarative way. They're currently emitted after we update our size but before we update the platform. Any setX setY calls here will still be at the right time.

between the showeventand the expose event, there is a resize event that resizes the dialog to the wrong size: that event doesn't come from a acoreapplication::postevern, nobody calls resize, nobody calls setgeometry, i'm at loss where it comes from, but doesn't make things work as they should

REPOSITORY
  R242 Plasma Framework (Library)