D6186: Implement software cursor in OpenGL backend

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Jun 12 07:33:47 UTC 2017

davidedmundson added a comment.

  > Is this the correct way of doing such stuff?

  Pretty much.
  Seems a sensible patch, screen recording aside we could be using a GL on a different backend that can't do planes.

  The obvious optimisation is that we don't need to make the new cursor texture every time, but it can be a member var reset on cursorChanged()

  > Should cursor update be included in damage regions?

  I would have thought so. Though I can't see where scene_qpainter does it. (could be a bug there?)

  > How can I write an autotest for it?

  A lot of the GL stuff isn't autotested.  and even if you did write a test, our current CI infrastructure couldn't actually run it.

INLINE COMMENTS

> scene_opengl.cpp:705
> +
> +    GLVertexBuffer* vbo = GLVertexBuffer::streamingBuffer();
> +    vbo->reset();

i don't think you need these 3 lines, you're  not doing anything with this vbo.

You do need vertex info from somewhere, but GLTexture has its own vbo.

REPOSITORY
  R108 KWin