D6100: Only enable MPRIS global shortcuts on demand

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Jun 5 12:03:34 UTC 2017

davidedmundson created this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  The lockscreen uses the MPRIS dataengine. This leads to two applications
  registring the service using the same component name which leads to the
  shortcuts not working when the lock screen closes.

  We want to have the applet register the shortcuts, but not every
  dataengine user.

  Ideally this shouldn't be in the dataengine either because DataEngines
  are read only. This moves the logic to the service which is writable and
  registers the shortcuts for the multiplexer there when requested from
  the applet.

  BUG: 380526
  FIXED-IN: 5.10.1

TEST PLAN
  Opened media player.
  Used play/pause shortcut. (the only one my keyboard has)

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace

BRANCH
  master

AFFECTED FILES
  applets/mediacontroller/contents/ui/main.qml
  dataengines/mpris2/multiplexedservice.cpp
  dataengines/mpris2/multiplexedservice.h
  dataengines/mpris2/multiplexer.cpp