D6095: [MPRIS Data Engine] Only register global shortcuts when loaded in plasmashell

David Edmundson noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Jun 4 22:02:01 UTC 2017

davidedmundson added a comment.

  Heh, literally got a collision on bugzilla as I was looking into it at just the same time.

  I reached the same conclusion on what the bug is. +1

  That solution, and I don't think I need to tell you, is a hack.

  We can do it for 5.10 so we have something in the .1 release, but I'm not happy with it as a final solution.

  IMHO we should move the shortcut handling from the dataengine to something else which our MPRIS applet can load.
  Dataengines should be read only data fetchers; not handling events; it goes against their own design.

  If no-one does a better fix by the end of tomorrow (I have an idea in mind) go ahead and push this.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace