Plasma Mobile Vision, amend?

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Thu Jul 20 11:52:07 UTC 2017

On Thu, 20 Jul 2017 13:35:49 +0530
Bhushan Shah <bhush94 at gmail.com> wrote:
> This is the thought that popped up in my mind when I was waiting for
> my flight to Madrid, so that idea might not be that mature, but still
> sending it on the plasma mailing list so we can discuss it at Plasma
> BoF probably
>
> The idea is that current Plasma Mobile vision is about,
>
> - Providing full control over info and communication
> - Being inclusive to 3rd party software
> - Providing seamless cross-device experience
> - Open standards
>
> However with recent developments regarding Halium, as a Plasma Mobile
> maintainer I feel like that Plasma Mobile vision should include a
> clause which also says that we will work together with other
> communities who are working on achieving same goal. We are doing this
> anyway, but mentioning this in the Plasma Mobile vision will really
> set us apart.
>
> I am not sure how we should word this, or amend our current vision
> statement though, need help there.
>
> (Also maybe maybe.. we can have something in Plasma Vision/Mission
> about this? Thoughts? Aye? Nay?)

This doesn't belong in the vision, it belongs in the strategy
statement. The vision outlines where we want to be, the strategy how we
want to get there. A collaboration effort like Halium is not a goal in
itself, it's a way to achieve our goal.

We haven't really worked on the strategy, and I'm all for it, of course.

> Lets discuss this at Monday BoF.

Sure, makes sense. Can you add it to our schedule?

sebas

    http://vizZzion.org   ⦿    http://www.kde.org