Plasma Mobile Vision, amend?

Bhushan Shah bhush94 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 08:05:49 UTC 2017

Hello Plasmoids,

This is the thought that popped up in my mind when I was waiting for my flight
to Madrid, so that idea might not be that mature, but still sending it on the
plasma mailing list so we can discuss it at Plasma BoF probably

The idea is that current Plasma Mobile vision is about,

- Providing full control over info and communication
- Being inclusive to 3rd party software
- Providing seamless cross-device experience
- Open standards

However with recent developments regarding Halium, as a Plasma Mobile maintainer
I feel like that Plasma Mobile vision should include a clause which also says
that we will work together with other communities who are working on achieving
same goal. We are doing this anyway, but mentioning this in the Plasma Mobile
vision will really set us apart.

I am not sure how we should word this, or amend our current vision statement
though, need help there.

(Also maybe maybe.. we can have something in Plasma Vision/Mission about this?
Thoughts? Aye? Nay?)

Lets discuss this at Monday BoF.

Cheers

--