[Differential] [Commented On] D4366: WIP: Add screen recorder interface

Martin Gräßlin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Jan 31 18:56:09 UTC 2017

graesslin added a comment.

  >   Sharing a GBM won't work on all platforms

  Yes, it won't work on NVIDIA. Just like Wayland in general won't work on NVIDIA. For the nested platforms: fine with me, if recording doesn't work. Fbdev is probably something to consider dropping and hwcomposer is also fd based, so we can also pass it around.

  > and you'll never be able to do partial screen capture on the kwin side.

  aye, totally fine on my side. I rather "capture" too many data and let another process do the heavy work to cut it down.

  The patch set which is in work is currently lacking a solution for multiple screens. That's kind of the last blocker to integrate it. Unfortunately we are also lacking ideas on how to make it work with multiple screens ;-)

REPOSITORY
  R108 KWin

EMAIL PREFERENCES