[Differential] [Request, 6 lines] D4367: [Folder View] show script execution prompt

Kai Uwe Broulik noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Jan 31 14:00:16 UTC 2017

broulik created this revision.
broulik added reviewers: Plasma, hein.
broulik set the repository for this revision to R119 Plasma Desktop.

REVISION SUMMARY
  When clicking a file in FolderView, we should ask for whether to open or run a script depending on user settings.
  This is what Dolphin does.

  BUG: 375793
  FIXED-IN: 5.8.6

TEST PLAN
  Created an .sh file, clicked it in FolderView, got a prompt. Selected multiple .sh files got a prompt for each one of them.

  I just noticed that for multiple items Dolphin actually does

    KFileItemActions fileItemActions(this);
    fileItemActions.runPreferredApplications(items, QString());

  instead of going through KRun, ie. in Dolphin selecting two script files and hitting return will actually open them in Kate rather than execute them both. This needs to be addressed separately.

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop

AFFECTED FILES
  containments/desktop/plugins/folder/foldermodel.cpp

EMAIL PREFERENCES