[Differential] [Commented On] D4204: Patch for plasmoid subsystem(containments/desktop) in plasma-desktop

Konstantin Shtepa noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Jan 25 17:56:11 UTC 2017

konstantinshtepa added a comment.

  In https://phabricator.kde.org/D4204#80142, @mart wrote:

  > what i would like to have logically splitted is the management of the floating property (and having positionItem()/releasePosition used around)
  >
  > and on the other hand the signal handlers of minimumWidthChanged/widthChanged etc in Appletappearance, that's the biggest part

  Sorry, I don't understand what you would like me to do. Do you like me to split code to add additional commit where would be introduced managment of floating property? But why? it's useless without others bug 375307(fixes of work with layoutManager) fixes. And to split bug 375307 fixes from bug 375308(maximumSize handlers) is big work for me, because all my work centered over bug 375308. Other bugs were founded when debugging bug 375308 fixes. Because of that bug 375307 fixes is never were intended by me as standalone, they currently included only as additional bug fixing to bug 375308 fixes.

  I can compress some code in handlers by adding function like

    function setSizePropertyAndReposition(sizeProperty, newSizeProperty) {
        releasePosition();
        sizeProperty = newSizeProperty;
        positionItem();
        if (showAppletHandle && !handleMerged)
            appletHandle.positionHandle();
    }

  Should I do it?

  P.S. I understand that this code is not well. But in first place it couldn't be well because current state of plasmoid background code is in mess and it need to be rewritten. What I propose in this diff is temporary solution which fixes bugs until I or somebody else would rewrite plasmoid background to normal code.

REPOSITORY
  R119 Plasma Desktop

EMAIL PREFERENCES