KDE_INSTALL_LOCALEDIR - where should point?

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Wed Jan 25 12:07:02 UTC 2017

On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 8:45 PM, Michail Vourlakos <mvourlakos at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have the following situation and I would like you to clarify it in order
> to open a bug in the distro that should fix this...
>
> KDE_INSTALL_LOCALEDIR  for CMAKE
>
> in openSUSE
>
> points to /usr/share/locale but the translations are in
> /usr/share/locale/kf5
>

> and in Arch
>
> points to /usr/share/locale and the translations are in /usr/share/locale
>

> 1) the question is for Plasma 5 where should the translations should be
> placed? (for example the plasmashell.mo and for the plasmoids)
>
> 2) where should KDE_INSTALL_LOCALEDIR point?
>

> thanks a lot !!!
>
> regards,
>
> michail

Looks like distributions are actively changing it, I'd say that it
should go wherever KDE_INSTALL_LOCALEDIR indicates and let the
packagers in every distribution wherever they please.

Note that you might find people who can help you in kde-distro-packagers at kde.org

Aleix

PS: Please fix your e-mail client, you're sending e-mails in large and
weird fonts