KDE_INSTALL_LOCALEDIR - where should point?

Michail Vourlakos mvourlakos at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 19:45:24 UTC 2017

I have the following situation and I would like you to clarify it in
order to open a bug in the distro that should fix this...

KDE_INSTALL_LOCALEDIR  for CMAKE

in openSUSE

points to /usr/share/locale but the translations are in
/usr/share/locale/kf5

and in Arch

points to /usr/share/locale and the translations are in /usr/share/locale

1) the question is for Plasma 5 where should the translations should be
placed? (for example the plasmashell.mo and for the plasmoids)

2) where should KDE_INSTALL_LOCALEDIR point?

thanks a lot !!!

regards,

michail