[Differential] [Request, 28 lines] D4241: Support modifier-only-shortcuts when capslock is on

Martin Gräßlin noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Jan 22 08:49:22 UTC 2017

graesslin created this revision.
graesslin added reviewers: KWin, Plasma.
Restricted Application added a project: KWin.
Restricted Application added subscribers: kwin, plasma-devel.

REVISION SUMMARY
  So far we didn't trigger modifier-only-shortcuts when capslock was
  enabled. In fact we even ensured that the shortcuts did not trigger.
  This seems not to be what our users expect. Meta should still trigger
  if capslock is on.

  This change modifies the logic to determine which modifier is currently
  pressed by using the modifiersRelevantForGlobalShortcuts. The difference
  to the "normal" modifiers is that this excludes capslock from modifiers
  and excludes consumed modifiers. The latter is not really relevant as
  modifier-only-shortcuts do not trigger if multiple keys are pressed,
  which is required to have a modifier consumed.

  BUG: 375355
  FIXED-IN: 5.8.6

TEST PLAN
  Only with adjusted autotest

REPOSITORY
  R108 KWin

BRANCH
  Plasma-5.8-fix-capslock-mod-only-shortcuts

AFFECTED FILES
  autotests/integration/modifier_only_shortcut_test.cpp
  keyboard_input.cpp

EMAIL PREFERENCES