[Differential] [Commented On] D4215: Make notifications execute the "default" action on click.

Martin Klapetek noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Jan 21 06:36:03 UTC 2017

mck182 added a comment.

  > I think Plasma is the only notification system that does close-on-activate instead of executing some action

  Plasma might also be the only system that uses buttons for actions and I see nothing wrong with that; it's what we've had forever and it works well, there's no reason to copy others when we have a good differentiating factor imho.

  Thinking about it a bit more, not doing anything when you click the notification without default action is again a guess game - "will clicking this popup do anything? how do I know?". So I'd say either clearly indicate that clicking the popup will execute an action (maybe different color or some icon somewhere or maybe a whole different popup) or have the click always do something, perhaps just open the app when no action is set. This would however be quite a behavioural change and will most definitely confuse users that are used to close the popup by clicking it. Anyhow, let's make it really clear and unambiguous when will what action do what; users don't like UIs they can't trust.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace

EMAIL PREFERENCES